Images are a critical element in your marketing content. An image can support your message, highlight key points, provide visual interest and help you tell a stronger story. Here are 5 reasons why visual content matters in your marketing materials.
- People react differently to images than text. Magazines like Natural Geographic and Time have long known that images are a powerful storytelling tool. Images add credibility and reality to your marketing materials and draw in your audience in a different way than text. For example a photo of a serene beach may evoke sighs of relaxation and good feelings in a way that a description in words might not.
- Images are memorable. Memory is predominately visual. Use strong images that convey your brand story to tap into your audience’s visual memory.
- Photos can reflect your ideal audience. Photos are a powerful way to reflect the interests, ideals and makeup of your target audience. Your images can build trust by demonstrating to your audience that you understand them and their needs.
- Images keep it simple. Visual content is a good way to convey your brand in a visual way or simplify complex information such as facts, data or even detailed instructions.
- Images drive engagement. Visual content is an easy way to collaborate with your audience. Invite customers to share photos of how they use your product or service. Get creative and use photos to get people excited about your services. For example, a bakery might ask users to submit photos of their favorite events or holidays to celebrate.
Images are a powerful storytelling tool that can punctuate content with visual impact. Images can create a connection with your audience in a way that text alone cannot, improving both engagement and retention of your marketing messages.
Head over to www.manta.com/smallbusinessinsights for more info on how you can reach new customers and grow your business. See you there.