Holiday Tips and Strategies for Small Business
Manta understands that many small businesses rely on the holiday shopping rush to close their year on a high note. Here are a few tips that small business owners can quickly put in place to help increase their holiday success:
- Think Local. Focus and capitalize on your local knowledge and connections: You know your customers and your locality much better than the neighboring big businesses. Leverage your knowledge to create targeted holiday content, and conduct outreach via email and social media. Take advantage that you don’t have to wait for permission from corporate HQ to be quick and scrappy with your outreach.
- Get Creative. Bundle individual and complementary products and services to create a unique holiday gift offering. This approach is more personalized and makes customers feel like they are getting a great price and convenient holiday deal.
- Technology Takeover & Mobile Millenials. Create an email marketing strategy with automated email lists to deliver a steady stream of content to keep your brand and business top of mind. Millennials are mobile and social media savvy so develop mobile selling strategies if possible and leverage your social media channels to share deals, gift suggestions and updates.
- Engaging Content. Create engaging content mapped to a strategic timeline. Make the tone of your emails and social media posts reflective of the timeline for consumer shopping behaviors. For example, develop content and begin outreach early using phrases like “Get ahead of the holiday rush!” and as you move closer to Christmas or Hanukkah, build urgency into your subject lines, Tweets and Facebook posts such as “There’s still time…”, “It’s not too late…”, etc.
- Customer Service is King. Capitalize on great customer service. As a smaller shop, you have the ability to provide unique and tailored services for your customers unlike big businesses. Leverage your relationships with your loyal customers and amplify your customer service to draw in new ones.